Monday, October 24, 2011

by the pond

I purchased my hunting license this year. For the years that we have been here we have relied on the generosity of others for our supply of game meat (mostly venison) but this year I thought that I would try to supplement it myself. I also purchased a migratory bird stamp which allows me to harvest geese and ducks too.

With thought of roast goose in mind, I headed down to the pond. I am still sitting here, half an hour lateer empty handed. I hesitated and was unsure when to make a shot. Not wanting to shoot them on the water, I waited until they took to the wing. When they burst from the water I was taken unprepared and shot only air. I think I knew before I pulled the trigger that I wasn't going to hit anything and I am left wondering why I fired at all.

Kable.

1 comment: